News
Duterte ends E-Sabong
Following the advice of Interior Secretary Eduardo Año, President Rodrigo Duterte ordered the end of E-Sabong activities, noting the cost to society to Filipinos.
According to Duterte, an order prohibiting the use of E-Sabong will be issued by Tuesday.
Duterte's current statement is a break from the administration's prior decision not to suspend e-sabong activities, despite senators' calls for the suspension in Senate Resolution No. 996, citing the unsolved disappearances of certain e-sabong participants.
“It’s his recommendation and I agree with it, E-Sabong will end by tonight, bukas, lalabas ito bukas [tomorrow, the order will come out tomorrow],” he...
News
Met Gala 2022 red carpet looks: Ryan Reynolds' reaction to Blake Lively's stunning gown
The Met Gala, often known as the First Monday in May, is returning in 2022! The glamorous event returned to its traditional time slot this year after being canceled in 2020 and held in September last year.
A-list celebrities arrived upon the red carpet at the Metropolitan Museum of Art to celebrate the museum's new exhibition, "In America: An Anthology of Fashion," which will serve as a study of American fashion. The exhibition will span 13 of the museum's American era rooms and will include works by Bill Blass, Brooks Brothers, Lloyd Kiva New, and others.
Meanwhile, the gala's...
News
SM Megamall Showcases First 3D Billboard in the Philippines
A massive whale shark is projected from the first 3D billboard at SM Megamall in Mandaluyong on Wednesday.
The usual count of people outdoors has increased significantly as compared to that of our pre-pandemic days. Economic activities continue to increase as restrictions continue to be relaxed due to high COVID19 vaccination rates and fewer cases of infection. That being said, EDSA greets the herd of cars and passersby. All seems to be normal but at night there is a massive whale shark swimming along the historic highway on a 3D Billboard.
This immersive 3D art installation is brought to...
News
19 year-old Kai Sotto declares for the 2022 NBA Draft
Not a kid anymore ─ On Thursday, April 28, rising young Filipino talent Kai Sotto announced his entry into the 2022 NBA Draft, just days after finishing his season with the Adelaide 36ers of the Australian National Basketball League.
“Please pray for and support me during my quest to fulfill my ultimate dream,” Sotto, who is 19 years old, said in a message on his social media accounts.
Last April 11, Sotto set a new career best with 21 points in a loss against the Brisbane Bullets with Adelaide. Last April 24, the former Ateneo high school standout finished...
News
Kerwin Espinosa Clears Leila De Lima of Drug Accusations
Detained alleged drug lord Kerwin Espinosa withdrew his claim that Senator Leila De Lima was involved in illegal drug business in New Bilibid Prison.
Kerwin Espinosa's Statement via news reporter Mike Navallo:
“Espinosa’s affidavit only proves the length the current administration has gone to fabricate testimonies and evidence against Senator De Lima” says Atty. Filibon Tacardon, De Lima’s lawyer.
Espinosa claims he was “coerced, pressured, intimidated and seriously threatened by the police. He has no other option but to invent stories for fear of his life and of his family” to make his past statements. He said before that he...